To change the settings of a Digidown
product first download the small Windows application available here:
- [ENGLISH] Download the Digidown configuration app for PC: DigidownConfiguration.zip
Please note: This utility works well with the following units.
- Standard Digidown units with serial numbers greater than 27000.
- DigidownPlus units with serial numbers greater than 5600.
- All DigidownBlue and DigidownCR units.
Use of this configuration process with earlier units is not recommended.
To use the application
- Connect your Digidown product with its memory card to a USB port on your computer.
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Double click to run the unzipped file.
- Select your required configuration settings and/or your required file name format.
- Click 'Configure'.
- Disconnect the USB cable from your Digidown.
- Reconnect the USB cable to your Digidown.
- Your reconfiguration process is complete.
Ensure that there is no other Digidown memory card connected to your
computer during the reconfiguration process.
'Latest VU' setting
There are three buttons on Digidown VU downloaders. These buttons may be marked
'All VU', 'Latest VU' and 'Card'. Other units have the buttons
marked with these terms in another language or with equivalent symbols.
- 'All VU' - download all data stored in the VU as required by the tachograph
- 'Latest VU' - download just the latest data stored in the VU. The
data downloaded with 'Latest VU' is programmable.
- 'Card' - download the data from the driver card (if any) in the VU.
'Latest VU' options
The following settings can be adjusted:
- The number of days of activities downloaded.
- Downloading or not of the Events & Faults, Detailed Speed and Technical
- The VDO 168h detailed speed record.
- The VDO 4Hz speed data.
- Other VDO-specific data.
In addition the Digidown can be configured to download data from the driver
card (if any) in the VU each time the Latest VU button is pressed.
Driver Card - Save Download Date
You can choose to save the date of last download on a Driver card. Some Digidown
units do not use this option as it can cause confusion. Sometimes the downloaded data
has been stored elsewhere. However recent versions of tachograph sometimes need this
data to be stored in driver cards. You can use the configuration utility to enable this
function on your Digidown.
File Name Format
Each time a Digidown product saves a tachograph data file that file is given a
name. The format of this name is not specified in any EU tachograph regulations.
The authorities in France and Spain have defined file name formats which
must be used in those countries. Elsewhere there is no specific requirement for
any particular name format but there are several commonly used name formats.
Standard Digidown units from serial number 27000, DigidownPlus units from
serial number 5600 and all DigidownBlue and DigidownCR units can be set to save
- Short file names (ESM/CRD)
- Long file names, VDO/European format (DDD)
- Long file names, French format (V1B/C1B)
- Long file names, Spanish format (TGD)
- Long file names, Lisle Design format (DDD)